Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What a difference a year makes.

My last post was over a year ago. So much has happened in the last year. We lost our house. We were in the middle of a lawsuit that we could not win so to protect ourselves we filed chapt. 13 and because neither of us were making any money we gave up our house. This has been the hardest year of my life and I've had some other really hard ones. Thank goodness my parents are in a position to help us. We moved in with them, which meant moving from GA to NM. My heart is broken leaving my daughter and grandson in GA and moving over 1,000 miles away. But, we had no choice. We have been in NM for a few months and neither of us has found a job yet. It isn't for lack of trying either. I should clarify that, I am an employee of Albuquerque Public Schools but it's a part-time job that I started in April and it was only 3 hours per week. So it about covers the gas to get there and back. And it is now summer and school is out so in reality I'm unemployed.

Every day I worry about my daughter and grandson. She is living on the edge and we are not in a position to help her. Her car is not running, she has missed so much work she's about to be fired and her paycheck isn't enough to cover her rent so she will soon be evicted. I feel helpless.

I used to consider myself a person of faith. It has been put to the test and I feel I've failed that test. I want to believe that God has a plan and He will take care of all our needs. Well, Nicole needs a car that runs and I need a job. I am crying out "What about that????" I know God is in control but I want to DO something - there is nothing I can do. "God, help us! Please"

No comments: