The question I have for myself today is: Do I have what it takes to be a working artist, actually making a living making art? Does it take discipline? I would say yes, you have to go to work everyday with an agenda and goals. Does it take determination? Yes, you have to be determined to create not only for yourself but to share it with others. Does it take luck? Yes, sometimes being in the right place at the right time is the thing that generates a paycheck. So, do I have what it takes? I probably need to beef up the discipline. I am determined, the proof is in the stack of rejection letters from galleries. Am I lucky? Yes, I am in several really great galleries and have been selling. I think there is one other question and that is Do you have to think outside the box? Yes, and maybe I need to take the lid off the box.
So, here's to successfully making a living as an artist. I will continue to ask myself the questions and strive to answer truthfully.
Signing off,
Christina
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment